Kosher in Berkeley
Kosher Food at Berkeley Hillel
Berkeley Hillel offers a weekly Kosher BBQ on Wednesdays during the regular semester as well as a Shabbat dinner every Friday. All food served at Berkeley Hillel is glatt-kosher and cooked by our team of student kitchen interns. If you’d like to learn more about our commitment to plant-based meals and high-welfare meat and eggs, visit the Food and Sustainability page.
Kosher Dining on Campus
The Kosher dining kiosk in Cafe 3 (2400 Durant Ave.) is open for lunch and dinner 5 days a week, Sunday-Thursday, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. The café serves hot kosher meat, vegetarian, and parve meals to students, with or without a meal plan. On Fridays and Saturdays, cold Kosher options are available like salads and sandwiches.
Kosher (and Vegan) Restaurants near Campus
- Boichik Bagels (Kosher) – 3170 College Ave. *Under the supervision of East Bay Kosher
- The Butcher’s Son (Vegan) – 1954 University Ave.
- Flying Falafel (Kosher & Vegan) – 2114 Shattuck Ave. *Under the supervision of East Bay Kosher
- Happy Hooligans (Vegan) – 2102 Milvia Street
- Millenium (Vegan) – 5912 College Ave.
- Stand-up Burger (Vegan) – 2000 Kala Bagai Way