Kosher in Berkeley
Kosher Food at Berkeley Hillel
Berkeley Hillel offers a weekly Kosher BBQ on Wednesdays during the regular semester as well as a Shabbat dinner every Friday. All food served at Berkeley Hillel is glatt-kosher and cooked by our team of student kitchen interns. If you’d like to learn more about our commitment to plant-based meals and high-welfare meat and eggs, visit the Food and Sustainability page.
View our Kashrut policy here. As people adhere to different authorities, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Kosher Dining on Campus
The Kosher dining kiosk in Cafe 3 (2400 Durant Ave.) is open for lunch and dinner 5 days a week, Sunday-Thursday, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. The café serves hot kosher meat, vegetarian, and parve meals to students, with or without a meal plan. On Fridays and Saturdays, cold Kosher options are available like salads and sandwiches.
Heckshered Restaurants near Campus
- Boichik Bagels (Heckshered) – 3170 College Ave. *Under the supervision of East Bay Kosher
- Abba’s Hummus (Heckshered) – 3417 Lakeshore Ave, Oakland * Under the supervision of Vadd of Northern California
Vegan Restaurants Near Campus
- The Butcher’s Son (Vegan) – 1954 University Ave.
- Happy Hooligans (Vegan) – 2102 Milvia Street
- Millenium (Vegan) – 5912 College Ave.
- Stand-up Burger (Vegan) – 2000 Kala Bagai Way