Hillel is not a club, it’s a community!
Berkeley Hillel is the heart of Jewish life at UC Berkeley. Our pluralistic community is welcome to all!
We have many ways to be involved at Berkeley Hillel for any level of interest or time commitment. Check out our events calendar, review fellowships we offer, meet our staff, or help our community. We help each other thrive through dozens of clubs and fellowships, Shabbat and Holiday services, a weekly BBQ, immersive travel, and so much more. Our Jewish values tie us closer together, and you are always welcome here. You can get involved by making this community happen.
- BBQ Set Up: Help set up and serve food at our Kosher BBQ.
- BBQ Clean Up: After you’ve enjoyed your meal, help Hillel ensure all food is brought in to donate to a local shelter. Make sure tables are brought inside.
- Soup Patrol Delivery: Deliver soup to a fellow Cal bear in need.
- Shabbat Set Up: Help welcome Shabbat by preparing our space for candle lighting, minyanim, and dinner.
- Shabbat Clean Up: Help us ensure that all chairs are brought inside and leftover food is properly stored for donations.
If you’re not sure how to get involved and want to learn more, reach out to any member of our staff! Click on a staff member’s name below to schedule a time.
- Bar Ben Harush, Israel Fellow
- Emily Hirschman, Chief Operating Officer
- Micah Lesch, Director of Jewish Student Life
- Rabbi Adam Naftalin-Kelman, Executive Director
- Jessica Nevins, Director of Engagement
- Molly Shapiro, Development Director
- Rabbi Maya Zinkow, Senior Jewish Educator