What is JIY?
Everything you need to Jew it Yourself!
You don’t need to come to Hillel to have a fun, meaningful Jewish experience. The purpose of JIY is to empower individuals to create meaningful Jewish experiences for their peers with content: your way, in your space, with our help. We have everything you might need for creative or traditional Shabbat experiences.
Here’s how it works:
- On the next page, fill out the form to specify which Shabbat event you want to create (Friday night dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, or Havdalah).
- Decide how much funding you’d like for your event, and choose your involvement accordingly
- $5 reimbursement per person. We provide the materials (plates, utensils, etc). Your role: meet with a staff member after your event.
- $7 reimbursement per person. We provide materials. Your role: attend a hosting workshop (given every first week of the month) and meet with staff post-event to process and give feedback.
- $10 reimbursement per person. We provide materials. Your role: participate in a continuous workshop to provide meaningful content to integrate into your event, and create a service for your event.
- When you’re done, click submit.
- You will receive an email with details about what we can provide for your event, including food reimbursement information.
- We will assemble your custom JIY kit and let you know when it’s ready for pickup.
If you need help or advice for Shabbat project ideas or have questions about the process, email Savyon Sordean at email@example.com