The calendar is full of different events each week at Berkeley Hillel, but there are a few things that one can rely on to repeat each week. See below for a list of events that happen every week, and check the events calendar for the full slate of everything that happens!
- Bagels on the Glade at 11 a.m. – Join staff and students on Memorial Glade for a bagel between classes or stay and schmooze with fellow students. We’ll bring the bagels, you bring the conversation.
- Cafe Ivrit at 5 p.m. – Join other Hebrew speakers for a coffee hour before BBQ in the Hillel Courtyard
- Weekly BBQ at 6 p.m. – Every Wednesday during the regular school year, the Berkeley Hillel Kitchen Interns cook a delicious BBQ meal for UC Berkeley students and friends. All UC Berkeley students are welcome to attend the community-wide meal. Berkeley Hillel’s BBQ is cooked 100% by students! For more info, email Jessica Nevins at email@example.com.
- Beit Midrash 3-4:40 p.m. – Join us on the third floor for Jewish learning of all kinds! Want to learn how to read Hebrew? Study the weekly Torah portion? Read and discuss a Jewish book with a chevruta (learning partner)?
- Challah for Hunger Challah Braiding at 6:30 p.m. – The UC Berkeley chapter of Challah for Hunger gathers weekly to bake, sell, and deliver challah, as well as advocate for food justice education and action. Come Braid like Berkeley with our community and engage in the traditions of challah, tikkun olam, and tzedakah!
- Community Kabbalat Shabbat Minyan and Candlighting at 6 p.m. – Come together in song, meditation, and prayer to welcome Shabbat with your Berkeley Hillel community. We gather each week for Berkeley Hillel Minyan, a joyful prayer space that incorporates songs and traditions from various Jewish practices.
- Shabbat Dinner at 7:15 p.m. – There’s always a place at our Shabbat table! Join us in the auditorium for Kiddush and motzi (blessing over the bread), followed by a home-cooked Shabbat dinner.