**Fall 2020: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related public health policies, this program is canceled for the fall semester.
For a complete updated list of programs, visit the Fall 2020 page**
Perspectives – Winter Trip 2020!
Perspectives is Berkeley Hillel’s educational trip to Israel and Palestine. The purpose of this trip will be to educate Jewish and non-Jewish Cal undergraduates about Israel and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict; shining an intentional light on the complexities and nuances, in an immersive and experiential fashion.
Some things you might see, learn, and do:
- Explore the multi-ethnic, religious, and national diversity of the Old City of Jerusalem
- Visit Ramallah, the current capital of the Palestinian authority, and hear from Palestinian leaders and locals.
- Discover how conflict affects environmental concerns in the Dead Sea Valley.
- Walk the streets of Jaffa, near Tel Aviv, for a Palestinian and Israeli perspective on this old & new city
- Hear multiple narratives from a wide variety of speakers and guests, including religious, secular, Druze, Christian, Jewish-Israeli, Palestinian, and Muslim voices.
- Tour the separation barrier/security wall that divides Israel and the West Bank.
- Enjoy delicious cuisine, hike in the beautiful desert, and build community with a diverse group of fellow Cal students.
- Tentative dates are December 30-January 10.
- Click here to see last year itinerary.
The trip takes place during the winter and is heavily subsidized requiring a $250 deposit which includes flights, hotels, travel throughout the trip and 2 meals a day. Space is limited!
Application is below:
Sorry the application deadline for Perspectives has passed. Please check back for the application for next year's trip. If you have any questions please email Dani Neubauer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You